Friday, August 31, 2012
As reported back on July 10th by various recruiting outlets, the news became official this past Monday as La Salle announced the transfer of 6'3", 185 pound guard Khalid Lewis from the University of Delaware. Lewis will sit out the required 2012-13 transfer year and will have 3 years of eligibility left at La Salle.
Thursday, August 23, 2012
The Atlantic Ten posted the 2012-12 Men's Basketball prospectus on their official website today.
Monday, August 20, 2012
La Salle men's basketball coach Dr.John Giannini announced the Explorer's 2012-13 out of conference schedule today. Highlights include the beginning of multi-game series against BCS opponents Miami and Penn State and mid-major powers Iona and Siena. The Explorers open the season against CAA title-contender Delaware during La Salle's Homecoming festivities on November 10th, play Villanova and Penn at Gola Arena in Big Five action, and go on the road to face 2011-12 NIT participant Bucknell. The full OOC schedule can be found in the below link. The A10 schedule should be published sometime in early to mid September.
- Friday November 2nd - Carleton University (exhibition)
- Saturday November 10th - Delaware (Homecoming)
- Sunday November 18th - Central Connecticut State
- Tuesday November 20th - @ Hartford
- Sunday November 25th - Villanova (CBSSN)
- Thursday November 29th - @ Rider
- Wednesday December 5th - Penn State (@ the Palestra) (NBC SN)
- Saturday December 8th - @ Northeastern
- Saturday December 15th - @ Bucknell
- Thursday December 20th - Iona
- Saturday December 22nd - Sacred Heart
- Saturday December 29th - @ Siena (TCN)
- Wednesday January 2nd - @ Miami (Fox Sports South)
- Saturday January 5th - Penn
Friday, August 17, 2012
La Salle has landed 2013 priority point guard recruit Amar Stukes. The news was broken by various recruiting websites this past Wednesday. The 6'2", 165 pound Stukes, from La Salle College High School of the Philadelphia Catholic League, picked the Explorers over offers from Drexel, George Mason, Fairfield, and Binghamton. The La Salle coaching staff targeted Amar early on, offering him a scholarship after the conclusion of his sophomore year, and their persistence has paid off. Stukes will be groomed to be the replacement for current La Salle point guard Tyreek Duren after he graduates in 2014. Even with the graduation of Duren and current La Salle juniors Sam Mills, Tyrone Garland, and Taylor Dunn in 2014, having an experienced Stukes on the roster will bolster an already strong 2014-15 backcourt along with D.J. Peterson and recent Delaware transfer Khalid Lewis.